Summer sandwich fillings
- ½ lemon, zest and juice
- 3 tbsp sundried tomato puree
- 1 tbsp ground almonds
- 15g/½oz basil leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200g/7oz quark (low fat cream-style cheese)
- ½ avocado, peeled and chopped
- ½ lemon, juice only
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 15g/½oz coriander or parsley, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- For the sundried tomato spread, mix the lemon zest and juice with the tomato puree and ground almonds to form a thick paste.Technique: Zesting citrus fruit
- Chop the basil and stir in. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- For the quark and avocado filling, mix the quark with the rest of the ingredients and season to taste.